LVMPD Warns Citizens of Telephone Scam Using LVMPD Numbers
The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department has received reports of a telephone
scam using LVMPD prefix numbers and extensions. These scammers are calling and
attempting to solicit money to avoid an investigation. LVMPD wants to remind the public that the LVMPD will not contact anyone for the following reasons:
• Call and demand immediate payment for warrants or traffic fines.
• Threaten arrest for failure to pay.
• Request credit or debit card numbers over the phone.
• Request personal information such as a Social Security number.
• Sell or solicit money for any type of service, including insurance services for funeral expenses.
To learn about other telephonic scams, visit the LVMPD Financial Crimes Section webpage:
Anyone with any information about fraud cases or who has been a victim is urged to contact the LVMPD Theft Crimes Bureau, Financial Crimes section at 702-828-3483.
To remain anonymous, contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 702-385-5555, or on the internet at www.crimestoppersofnv.com. Tips leading directly to an arrest or indictment processed through Crime Stoppers may be eligible for a cash reward.